Hey everyone! Happy Fitness Friday! I’m combining this with today’s posi-post. I figured I’d illustrate some of the moves mentioned in my easy low-impact workout post (link below.) That post and the activewear post (also below) mention where you can find my equipment and clothes 🙂
Here we go!
For starters, this is my new home gym…very fancy and high tech, I know. I’m currently looking for a real punching bag on the cheap and I need to re-inflate my balance ball, but it’s coming together quite nicely. I just got the floor mats and weighted hula hoop. I’ll add links to where you can find those below as well! Let’s get started!
- Step one is usually to jump rope 40 reps. The basement ceiling is obviously too low and it was raining out so I just did jumping jacks instead.
- Arm curls-40 reps each
3. Thigh master-30 reps
4. Run in place (make sure you lift those knees!)-40 lifts each leg
5. Shoulder press-40 each
6. Thigh master again-30 reps
7. Balance ball crunches-30 (sorry for the lack of photos on these, my alarm cut off my camera for a little bit :/)
9. Tricep press-15 each arm, then 15 together
10. Hips lifts-25
11. Toe lift-50 (These are just when you raise your feet up on your toes, then back down on your heel. They’re really great for you calves!)
12. Planks-hold for 30 secs or however long you can
13. Hula hoop-5 min **This is a new, weighted hula hoop, so I’m starting at 1 min and going to build up. It’s great, but the reviews do not lie, it will bruise your sides a little until you get used to it.
Get it here
14. Boxing!-200 hits in 50 hit intervals (This can work without the punching mat/bag as well. Try shadow boxing! The breaks in between keep me from getting too tired out.)
**Don’t forget to hydrate!!!!
Again, I feel I should mention I am by no means an expert. This is just a routine that works for me. I have to adapt it sometimes to account for extra joint pain or fatigue, but this is generally what I try to stick to.
Here are the links I mentioned. 🙂